Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Digital Goodness...


digiframe
Originally uploaded by lauraeatonphoto.
Every year I struggle with what to get Mom & Dad for Christmas. Mom will pretty much love anything I give her, which means that she loves me enough to not tell me if her gift is crappy. And Dad, well, Dad just wants Mom to get something nice....

So this year, I got smart and got something that every parent/grandparent will love - a digital photo frame.

Mom pulled it off the wrapping paper, and immediately looked a bit puzzled (my hubby and I gave her an old laptop a few years ago, we are still trying to convince her that she can't break it by typing something wrong!) - but when i explained that all she had to do was pop in the card from her digital camera - she was thrilled! And it was the legitimately thrilled look - not the "Oh what a nice piece of handmade pottery with a crack in it, but I love that you tried!" look.

Pictures of the grandkids happily scrolled, wiped and faded in and out all Christmas day.....

Merry Christmas to all - and a Happy New Year!
Laura

ps - Mom, if you happen to get the laptop working and you are reading this - first of all - YAY!!! Second, you know I'm only kidding - you can work that digital camera pretty good now! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home